It’s that time again! The Cossack Art Award is fast approaching its 27th year and the City of Karratha Arts and Culture Team are working hard to bring another year that promises not to disappoint!
As part of the award, The City of Karratha run a Public Program of art workshops for the broader community to get involved in the event. In 2019 we plan on holding a series of engaging and diverse workshops across the three weeks that the Cossack Art Award runs. Below is our proposed dates and times including some explanations.
Signature Workshops that we have run in the past and will look to continue, combine an art medium with a “twist”.
- Art Therapy – look at combining some form of relaxation, exercise, energising activity followed by an art tutorial. For example, past sessions have combined an early morning Yoga session, followed by a drawing/painting session or a morning meditation followed by a step-by-step Lotus drawing tutorial.
- Afternoon/evening creative workshop – look at combining some form of beverage with an art tutorial. For Example, past workshops have included Wine & Watercolours and Colours & Cocktails.
We also engage Artists to run workshops for a variety of age groups including:
- Children’s Art workshop – usually aimed at ages 2-6.
- Youth Art Workshop – to engage our youth in creative mediums, typically held at The Base in Wickham
Applications are now open to submit a proposal for facilitation, below are our proposed dates and times (you can suggest alternate e.g. longer or shorter, AM or PM), so please use these time frames as a guide when submitting your concept. The concept and contents of the workshop are entirely up to you and quotes can cover one OR more workshops should you wish to facilitate more than one, however mediums must be differing. All workshops are held at the historic Cossack site, unless specified.
Monday, 22 July 2019 | Children's Workshop | 9.00AM – 11.00AM
Friday, 26 July 2019 | Youth Workshop Wickham | 4.00PM - 6.00PM
Saturday, 27 July 2019 | Art Workshop 9.00AM – 1.00PM OR 3.00PM - 6.00PM
Sunday, 28 July 2019 | Art Workshop | 3.00PM – 6.00PM
Sunday, 4 August 2019 | Therapy Workshop | 7.00AM - 12.00AM e.g. 2018 was Meditation & lotus design
Saturday, 10 August 2019 | Creative Workshop | 3.00PM - 6.00PM e.g. 2018 was colours & cocktails
Your quote must include;
- Any travel and accommodation expenses
- Organising/facilitating time
- All materials (at a per person price)
- Any other costs associated with workshop delivery
The City of Karratha will cover;
- Venue hire
- Light refreshments
Proposals, including full quotes are due by 10am, Monday 4 February 2019 and can be email directly to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 is going to be a year jam packed with creativity and we look forward to having you involved!
For any questions please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling 08 9186 8581