What's new for 2020
- Entry into the 2020 Cossack Art Awards is exclusively open to Pilbara based Artists only
- We have reduced our entries to 150 artworks
- Major events such as our Gala evening and Family day have been removed from the program
- The Exhibition will be presented online as a digital catalogue and virtual gallery with online sales available.
- Unless social distancing and gathering measures are lifted, there will be no public access or viewing of this year’s exhibition.
- There will only be five categories Emerging Young Artist, North West Flora and Fauna, Open Theme, Painting by Indigenous Artist and Portrait.
1. How do I enter the Awards?
A Link will become active on the website when entries are open. We will announce the official opening date with plenty of warning.
2. When will entries for 2020 open?
Entires for 2020 will be opening in April 2020. We wil announce the official date, closer to the date.
3. How much does it cost to enter?
Entry fee is $45 paid online via credit card. Sorry no refunds to those who cancel their entry.
4. What is the local delivery options?
Each year we have two days open for local artwork drop off, these dates are still being defined and will be announced closer to the date and will be listed within the 2020 Artist Information Booklet.
5. What if I live in regional WA or interstate?
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 restristions we have decided to only take Pilbara based artist for 2020.
But for all our regional WA and interstate friends please keep an eye out for our 2021 Awards.
6. Is the People's Choice Award acquisitive?
YES! There is an amazing $3,000 prize for one very lucky winner!
7. How many times can I enter?
One entry per artist.
8. It says to upload an image with my entry, what will that be used for?
This image of your work will be used as a reference and for curation purposes only. It will not be used for marketing.
9. If I enter do I get to attend the Awards night?
The Gala awards night will not be taking place for 2020.
10. How much commission is charged if my piece sells?
The City retains 30% commission inc GST to go towards event costs.
11. I am entering a Portrait. Do I need the sitter's Permission?
You certainly do! All entries to Portraits MUST be accompanied by a signed written permission letter from the subject. This is to be emailed to email@example.com
Failure to provide this may result in exclusion from the exhibition and Award.
Still have a question? Give us a call on 08 9186 8600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and will answer any questions or queries you may have.