Cossack Art Award Entries Have Now Closed
Entries for the 2018 Cossack Art Awards have now closed as 300 entries have been submitted.
With more than $100,000 in prize money to be awarded, the annual Cossack Art Awards presented by the City of Karratha with Principal Partner Rio Tinto Western Australia, regularly boasts entries from some of Australia's greatest artistic talent.
A free public exhibition of all the entries will be open daily from Sunday 22 July to Sunday 12 August, 10am to 3pm in the heritage-listed town of Cossack.
Download a copy of the Artist Information Booklet (3.5mb PDF).
Please note the following important points:
- All entrants must be 16 years of age or over as of 30 June 2018
- Entries will close once 300 entries have been received, or once the entry close date is reached, whichever comes first
- Only one artwork per artist may be submitted (diptych & triptych are not eligible)
- All artists must currently reside in Australia
- Artists entering categories that are determined by location of residents may be required to provide proof of address
- No photography will be accepted
- All entries must be two dimensional
- All artworks must be suitably framed/stretched and must be fitted with appropriate hanging devices
- Artworks must have been completed within 12 months of the entry date
- Artworks must not exceed 1.4m width x 1.4m height in size
- Artworks must not exceed 12kg in weight
- Pricing of artwork cannot be amended once an artwork has been entered
- Entry fee is $35 per artwork and is non-refundable
- All works must be for sale as all award categories are acquisitive
- A sales commission of 30% (GST incl) will apply
- Entry will be available online at www.cossackartawards.com.au, with alternative formats available on request
Wnners will be announced at the Cossack Art Awards gala presentation on 21 July 2018.