Art Awards Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A total of 300 artworks will be accepted for exhibition. Entries will close once 300 entries have been received, or once the entry close date is reached, whichever comes first. No further entries will be accepted beyond this point.
FEES AND PAYMENTS - Entry fee is $35 per artwork & is non-refundable. - Freight fee from Perth (if applicable) is $55 per artwork and non-refundable. Freight is provided via International Art Services.
- All works must be for sale. A commission of 27.5% [GST incl] will be deducted from the selling price of any work sold during the exhibition. Should GST apply to the sale of your artwork, please ensure it is included in the total selling price.
- Should the selling price of the work exceed the sum of the prize, the winning artist must accept the lower amount.
- Please ensure your ABN declaration in the online entry form is correct. You will not need to complete a separate RCTI form.
- Payment for sold work will be made to the artist at the completion of the exhibition via EFT. Failing to include your correct bank account details at the point of entry will delay payment.
- Payment will be made within 60 days of the close of the exhibition.
- Artists will be notified of the sale of their artwork at the completion of the exhibition.
- Only artists who receive personal invitations to the Invited Artist Category should submit to this category.
- Artists submitting to the Emerging Young Artists Category must be between the ages of 16-25 years of age and are NOT required to be an enrolled art student. However artwork submitted from artists aged 16-18 years will be vetted by organisers prior to being hung in the exhibition.
ELIGIBILITY - All entrants must be 16 years of age or over as of 30 June 2018.
- All entries are eligible for the Best Overall Artwork and all Pilbara entries will be eligible for Best Pilbara Artwork.
- Artworks received that do not comply in full with the details included in the correlating entry form may be excluded from the exhibition and award.
- Artworks that are received at Cossack after 3pm on Sunday 5 July 2018 may be excluded from the exhibition and award.
- Artworks will not be accepted at the City of Karratha administration office or any alternate locations other than those specified (C/O Roebourne Post Office or Cossack Bond Store). Artworks that are received in a location other than those specified may be excluded from the exhibition and award.
- Entries that exceed the recommended size and weight will be deemed ineligible.
- The City of Karratha reserves the right not to exhibit artwork for exhibition if deemed unsuitable, and the artists will be duly notified.
- Entries that fail to provide an appropriate hanging device as outlined below, may be excluded from the exhibition and award.
ARTWORK REQUIREMENTS - Only one artwork per artist may be submitted. (diptych & triptych are not eligible).
- No photography will be accepted. - All entries must be two dimensional only. All three dimensional works will be deemed ineligible.
- While works must be 2-Dimensional, any medium and/or any support type can be submitted for all categories, except where otherwise noted.
- Artwork can be entered into ONE category only. - All works submitted must be the artist’s own original work and executed in the previous 12 months.
- All works must be suitably framed and/or stretched.
- All works must be fitted with appropriate hanging devices such as ‘D’ rings and wire.
- The maximum dimension of artwork is:
- 1.4m width
- 1.4m height
- Weight of 12kg - All categories are acquisitive with the exception of the People’s Choice Award.
EXHIBITION - The City of Karratha reserves the right to reproduce entries for publicity, catalogue, future years marketing material and archival purposes in association with the award.
- No work will be removed or photographed by visitors to the gallery during the currency of the exhibition.
- Insurance for artworks whilst in transit is the exhibitor’s responsibility. Once delivered to Cossack they are covered for fire and theft only. Any other insurance will be the responsibility of the exhibitor.
EMERGING ARTIST CATEGORY - Entrants into the Emerging Artist Category must be 16 - 25 years of age (entrants must turn 16 by 30 June 2018)
- Entrants must not have won the Emerging Artist award in previous years